This blog just like my Draft Guide should be a bit longer and maybe, just maybe, kinda funny. I want to have some fun and I want to show my readers a lighter side of the fantasy sports world. Some of these will be related to baseball and some will be random predictions outside of the sports world that I think will happen this year. Not all of these will come true. Without any further ado...
Here Is My 50 Crazy Predictions For 2012:
1. I get a girlfriend. (Like I said not all of these will come true)
2. Adrian Gonzalez will have a monster season and win the AL MVP, but his Red Sox will miss the playoffs even with the new wild card expansion system.
3. The Toronto Blue Jays will be the reason why.
4. More specifically Adam Lind and Edwin Encarnacion will come up clutch late in the year and help the Jays sweep the Sox to kill their chances. The 3 game series from September 14th to the 16th will be their time to shine.
5. Sticking with the playoff theme, the Rangers will win the first wild card spot and host the Rays.
6. In that game David Price throws a 6 hit shutout and the Rays will beat the Rangers 5-0.
7. Yu Darvish will not start for the Rangers in that game.
8. At some point this year I will be on live television. Hopefully it will relate to this whole fantasy sports thing but walking behind a reporter that's giving a story on a neighborhood watch group while wearing a Mr. Fantasy Freak t-shirt is just as good.
- Hopefully my mom knows how to work the DVR.
10. The Houston Astros will lose 100 games.
11. I've heard rumors that I'm mysterious. Not really a prediction but I'm already at #11 and running out of ideas. I need a break.
*Takes break mentioned above.
I'm back. After some thinking I've decided that the above predictions aren't too crazy. That's going to change.
12. Jered Weaver wins 24 games for the LA Angels. (That's pretty crazy although Verlander would consider that to be his own personal floor after last year)
13. The winner of the AL batting title will have an average better than .350.
14. Matt Kemp has a 42/42 season.
15. Matt Kemp wins the NL MVP. Second place goes to Zack Greinke. Yes, 2nd place will be a pitcher.
16. Zack Greinke wins the NL Cy Young. Second place goes to Matt Kemp. That crazy enough!?!?
17. Lance Berkman plays over 156 games this year for the Cardinals. This only happens if the grounds-crew makes first base wheel chair accessible in Busch Stadium... He's old.
18. Cliff Lee has a 13/1 strikeout to walk ratio at season's end.
19. Chris Sale has a 13/1 strikeout to walk ratio at season's end.
*Website update. It's up and running but be patient because it is a work in progress.
20. Tim Tebow leads the Jets to the playoffs but they get crushed in the Wild Card game 42-17.
21. Alex Rodriguez hits under .250 and will not be 100% owned in ESPN standard leagues at the end of the season. This will be due to his numbers not because of any health issues.
22. The right side of the Yankees infield will account for 77 Home Runs. The left side will account for 23.
23. Carlos Pena will hit 25 Homers, 25 Doubles, no triples and 50 singles. That's 50 XBH and 50 Singles. Honestly if you think about it, it's not that crazy but it just sounds so weird to the normal baseball fan.
24. Dee Gordon will steal 60 bases this year. With a Batting Average below .260.
25. Michael Bourn will steal 70.
26. Paul Goldschmidt will smash 30 bombs this year.
27. David Wright will not be with the Mets after the trade deadline. He will be traded to the Dodgers. This will be Magic Johnson's first "big splash" as new owner of the team.
28. Sticking with the Mets, Lucas Duda will club 25 homers. His teammate Ike Davis will hit 30.
JOKE: I love autumn. It gives me a chance to sit at home and watch the world series. Just like the Cubs.
Do you guys like that I start out every joke by saying JOKE and then some lame, not funny saying after it? I'm guessing it's boring, so let me try this...
WISECRACK: You might be obsessed with baseball if you think the last words to the Star Spangled Banner are: "Play Ball"
If you look up "joke" in the dictionary a synonym for it would be "wisecrack" I hope that makes things better. It probably doesn't. Moving on.
29. Dan Uggla will hit over .280. Wait, listen there is a chance for this to happen. Prior to last year he was a career .375 hitter at Turner Field, I think he gets a little (a lot) lucky and finishes around .282.
30. Eric Hosmer will be an All Star.
31. This year's All Star game's MVP will be Justin Upton.
32. The Brewers starting rotation will have the lowest ERA in the NL.
33. Madison Bumgarner will have better numbers than Lincecum and Cain. The Giants miss the playoffs.
34. Daniel Hudson will finish higher on the ESPN player rater than Ian Kennedy and Stephen Strasburg.
35. John Axford will shave his mustache.
36. Brian Wilson will shave his beard.
37. Matt Moore will take their hair and glue it to his face so he doesn't look like he's twelve.
38. Rafael Betancourt will have 45 saves for the Rockies this year.
39. Michael Pineda has 27 starts this season for the Yankee's organization this year. Only 18 of them will be for the major league ball club, the rest triple A or rehab.
40. Peyton Manning will take my Broncos to the AFC Championship game where they will face the Steelers. Broncos will win 24-23.
41. Broncos will face the Giants in the Super Bowl and Denver will win 33-30 in overtime. Eli Manning will get teased the rest of his life by his older brother for losing to him in the title game.
42. Eli will proceed to win 3 more Super Bowl rings for his career and he will rub that in Peyton's face for the rest of his life. Oh sibling rivalries.
I was listening to myself break down Yoenis Cespedes' swing on our March 29th podcast. I halfway sounded like an ESPN analyst, too bad I don't get paid like one. Or get paid anything for that matter. If you were wondering, I normally hate listening to myself on our podcasts but I was really bored about 4 hours ago, hence the making of this article.
43. The Yankees will face the Angels in the AL Championship Series. Yanks will win it in 7 games after CC throws a gem on 3 days rest.
44. The Miami Marlins will make the NL Wild Card and dominate the playoffs. They will face the Rockies in the NL Championship Series.
45. Rockies will beat the Marlins and Michael Cuddyer will be NLCS MVP.
46. Yankees crush the Rockies in the World Series and win it all in 5 games. MVP is Brett Gardner.
47. Derek Fisher will win his 6th championship with the OKC Thunder this year. That means Kobe has 5, Shaq has 4 and Fisher will have 6.
48. The Major League Saves leader will be Joel Hanrahan.
49. Adam Dunn's Home Run total will either be under 18 or over 34. Every person that thinks he will split the difference and end up in the twenties. I think that is crazy but I could be wrong.
50. Kansas wins the NCAA Tournament.
Connect with The Fantasy Freak Podcast and its voices by twitter and email:
@Awies28 (has a picture of me and Jackie Joyner Kersee) Not just sports tweets, PG18ish
email us at Mrfantasyfreak@yahoo.com